Competency Based Clinical Supervision
Recorded On: June 3, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Jeffrey Quamme, MS, AADC, CCS
An alumnus of Eastern Connecticut State University, the University of Connecticut, and Charter Oak State College, Jeff has over 30 years of diverse experience in non-profit agencies. He serves as Executive Director of the Connecticut Certification Board, focusing on workforce development for the substance use disorder prevention, treatment and recovery industry. He recently completed a term on the Executive Committee of the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC), where he focused on the development of updated bylaws and policies and procedures of the organization. He is a sought after trainer both in Connecticut and nationally and has maintained a presence on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, focusing on legislation to increase access to treatment for those with substance use disorders and to ensure the competency of their providers. In the past, Jeff has served on municipal and community governing boards, as well as coaching and officiating athletics at the youth sports and high school level. In his undergraduate years, he was a multiple all-conference selection, school record holder and 4-time conference champion in sprint event for the ECSU Track & Field program. He lives in Bristol, Connecticut.
Now Available On Demand
This course outlines a model of supervision directly related to improving the clinician’s ability to practice by using SAMHSA’s Addiction Counselor Competencies (TAP 21) to identify areas of strength and need. Attendees will be provided with information, tools, and guidance that will enhance their ability to provide clinical supervision for substance abuse counselors.
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved 3.0 continuing education clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing.
Psychologists: 3.0 Credit – Click here to review Accreditation
Full Details: Learner Notification
TPN.health, #1766, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. TPN.health maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/31/2021 – 03/31/2022. Social workers completing this course receive 3.0 Supervision continuing education credits.
ASWB ACE credit is not available in NY and NJ. This course has been approved for credit in Supervision renewal for Louisiana Social Workers.
- Identify specific responsibilities of both the supervisor and supervisee in in the professional relationship.
- Provide a definition and practical description of competency based supervision.
- Identify four models of clinical supervision.
- Identify their own supervisory orientation.
- Verbalize the process of both supervisory evaluation and self evaluation of counselor competencies.
- Identify specific behavioral evidence related to identified competencies.
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.