Diversity, Equity and Engagement (DEE) and Historical Trauma Registration
September 7, 2021 • 11:00am CST
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Elizabeth Guroff, MA, LCMFT and Maricela Aceves, Ed.D, DSW, BCBA
Elizabeth Guroff is a National Subject Matter Expert on numerous topics related to trauma, trauma-informed, resilience- oriented (TIRO) care, diversity, equity and engagement practices, organizational change management, TIRO leadership and TIRO supervision. She provides high quality consultation, coaching, technical assistance, and training to organizations, systems and communities on the organizational and clinical strategies that support advancing TIRO, equity-focused approaches. She has more than 25 years of experience providing therapy, treatment, project and resource development for children, youth, adults and families living with serious mental illnesses and serious emotional disturbances.
Mari Aceves, ED. D, DSW, BCBA received two doctorate degrees to support her work in ABA. She earned a doctorate in Educational Leadership with a P-12 emphasis (CSUF) and one in Social Work (USC). She is a BCBA with over 10 years of experience working with individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities. Her expertise includes early intervention, parent education, family systems and interdisciplinary collaboration with educational systems. Dr. Aceves’ focus is to help clients reach independence and social integration and to teach their support systems to interact with them more effectively through sustainable practices.
Date and Time
September 7, 2021 • 11:00am - 1:00pm CST
As we continue to grapple with the uncertainty of a global pandemic, people across our Nation have taken to the streets and boardrooms to demand change around inequities and their devastating effects. Please join us as we explore the historical and contemporary inequities faced by Black, indigenous and other people of color, the impacts these inequities have on those we support, the impact on staff, and the trauma informed, resilience‐oriented strategies for how to address these impacts at the individual and community level to build a future that promotes healing and resilience.
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
- 10:45 am – Waiting Room Opens
- 11:00 am – Workshop Begins
- 1:00 pm – Workshop Concludes
Note: Time designated for breaks cannot be counted toward CE credit
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Define intergenerational trauma and complex trauma.
- Describe the impacts trauma has on individuals, communities, staff, and organizations.
- Explain three trauma‐informed, resilience‐oriented strategies to address the impacts.
How to Register
Registration will end on September 7, 2021 at 11:00am CST.
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.