Grief: The Healing Powers of Story - Fairy Tale and Fable
Recorded On: March 26, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Sherry Smelley, MSW, LCSW, DCSW, BACS
Sherry Van Atta Smelley, MSW, LCSW, DCSW, BACS has been working with serious and life-threatening illness, grief and loss for over 30 years. She has worked in hospitals, rehabilitation centers, out-patient clinics and private practice. She provides individual and couples counseling and is a Board Approved Clinical Supervisor. Since 2002 Sherry has been an adjunct faculty member at Louisiana State University teaching in both graduate and undergraduate programs in the School of Social Work. It was at LSU that she earned her Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Social Work. Sherry is recognized as a diplomate in Clinical Social Work by the Academy of Certified Social Worker, the American Board of Medical Psychotherapists and is a member of the National Association of Social Work. Most recently, after her mother’s long journey with Alzheimer’s Disease and subsequent death, Sherry has written a book, The Girl, the Star, and the Spider, and has made it available in hopes that it will bring comfort to others as it has to her.
Now Available On Demand
Using Narrative Therapy, Story, as a Therapeutic Intervention for Individuals to Find Comfort in Their Grief
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved for 1.0 continuing education clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing. Counselor Skill Group: Counseling Services.
TPN.health, #1766, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. TPN.health maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/31/2021 – 03/31/2022. Social workers completing this course receive 1 Clinical continuing education credits.
ASWB ACE credit is not available in NY and NJ.
- Participants will have a clear understanding of grief and its many dimensions.
- Participants will be introduced to different views, a paradigm shift, of what grief is and what it is not.
- Participants will have an understanding of specific techniques designed to increase effectiveness with processing grief associated with loss.
- Participants will be exposed to ways to use the creativity of narrative therapy and also be able to examine and explore a specific and personal example.
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.