How the Digital World is Affecting Behavior
Recorded On: February 17, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Amy Fairchild, LCSW
Amy R. Fairchild, LCSW, works for the Tangipahoa Parish School System working with special education students at risk of expulsion due to severe behaviors. Amy’s worked with children and families since 2003 and has received formal training in the areas of Attachment, Adoption, and Early Childhood Mental Health. Amy is a certified ACEs Educator and a TBRI Practitioner. She received her BSW from the University of Southern Mississippi and her MSW from Louisiana State University.
Now Available On Demand
This workshop will cover the challenges parents and professionals are facing today that didn’t exist just a decade ago due to the rapidly evolving digital world. Participants will review research studies linking behaviors to social media and technology use, engage in critical thinking activities to determine how to balance these sometimes necessary entities with a healthy and safe world for our children, learn strategies to address the behaviors resulting from extensive exposure and access to social media, and to prevent the short and long term consequences that can result from irresponsible use of technology.
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved for 3.0 CE clock hours in Ethics by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing. Counselor Skill Group: Counseling Services.
3.0 Credits – Click here to review Accreditation
- Review evidence-based benefits and risks from use of digital and social media
- Discuss health concerns and behavior outcomes linked with duration of media usage and digital content
- Develop skill set to provide guidance in developing a plan for open communication and a healthy balance
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.