Diversity in Mental Health Treatment
Recorded On: June 16, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Brittney Lollis Tolar, LCSW, LCDC, CDWF-C
Brittney Lollis Tolar has been working in the field of mental health for over 8 years. She is trained in trauma healing as well as addictions recovery. Using various mind- body modalities(EMDR, TCYM, CDWF-C), Brittney believes in the healing of the entire being and offers an eclectic therapeutic experience for clients. Brittney also enjoys the educational aspect of the field and enjoys attending as well as presenting and clinical trainings. Brittney has recently transitioned into private practice in Austin, Texas.
Now Available On Demand
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: what does that even mean? How does one know if they are culturally competent and effective with working in diverse populations? This presentation will engage participants in an open discussion about ideas of racism, microaggressions, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and the effects these concepts have on the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of the clients we work with. Attendees will gain an understanding of the importance of self-exploration and self-assessment for inclusive clinical practice.
CE Details: 2 Clinical
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved for 2.0 CE clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing. Counselor Skill Group: Counseling Services.
2.0 Credits – Click here to review Accreditation
TPN.health, #1766, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. TPN.health maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/31/2021 – 03/31/2022. Social workers completing this course receive 2.0 Clinical continuing education credits.
ASWB ACE credit is not available in NY and NJ.
- Describe the concepts of diversity, equity and inclusion and their relevance to the mental health field.
- Identify at least 3 barriers and disparities for treatment in BIPOC communities.
- Describe at least 2 ways in which marginalization practices impact clinical practice.
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.