Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Foundational Training
Recorded On: January 26, 2021 - January 27, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Eric Schmidt
Eric Schmidt is the CEO of New Roads Behavioral Health, a successful behavioral health care organization. He has worked in the behavioral health and substance abuse field for the past 31 years, performing in key executive level positions since in mid-1990’s. He has been a CEO since 2006.
Eric received his Bachelors in Science in Psychology from Colorado State University. He boasts both a Masters of Science in Social Work, which he received from the University of Texas at Austin, and a Masters of Business Administration from University of Phoenix Santa Fe.
In addition to his business and administrative acumen, Eric is a Licensed Mental Health Therapist, personally providing a variety of clinical services utilizing a range of techniques and theoretical designs. In particular, he has extensive clinical experience working with addiction, borderline personality disorder, trauma, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Eric loves to train and teach. He teaches workshops around the country for organizations and conferences. The workshops focus upon Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, culture-building, etc. Further, Eric is adjunct faculty for the University of Utah School of Social Work, where he teaches a variety of clinical and professional development courses.
Eric enjoys spending time with his family. He likes exercising, reading, and learning. He is an ardent SCUBA diver, traveling to relatively exciting places to dive. Eric founded New Roads Behavioral Health, which primarily and uniquely serves clients with severe persistent mental illness, addiction, and personality disorders. He is the Founder and Past President of the Utah Association of Addiction Treatment Providers. He also assists as a member of several national organizations for behavioral health, tirelessly advocating for clients on both the national and state levels.
Now Available On Demand
This course is designed to introduce students to the foundations of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT). It includes an exploration of Borderline Personality Disorder from a psychosocial perspective. Students are introduced to frameworks for Behavioral Strategies, Dialectics, and Acceptance. They also learn how those frameworks apply to providing DBT-informed therapy and assessment. Throughout the course emphasis is placed on the importance of comprehensive, individualized assessment and intervention.
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved for 9.25 CE clock hours in Ethics by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
This course has been approved by TPN.health, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for educational credits. NAADAC Provider #198061, TPN.health is responsible for all aspects of the programing. Counselor Skill Group: Counseling Services.
9.25 Credits – Click here to review Accreditation
- Understand the biosocial theory of the etiology of disorders
- Know basic components and applications of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Identify diagnostic criteria related to Borderline Personality Disorder
- Appreciate a model of early childhood development and deviations in development that increase vulnerability to disorders of the self
- Comprehend foundations and modes and functions of DBT
- Be able to demonstrate effective validation strategies
- Conduct basic behavioral analysis and suggest more effective behaviors
- Understand how to integrate Dialectics into DBT practice
- Gain basic knowledge of DBT skills
- Participate in mindfulness activities
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.