Trauma Informed Care within Communities
Recorded On: February 24, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Jessica Harper, LCSW; TBRI Practitioner; ACE Educator
Jessica Harper is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She earned her Master’s degree in Social Work from L.S.U. in 2006 and a Fellowship in Infant Mental Health from Tulane University in 2009. She has a Practitioner Certification from Texas Christian University in Trust Based Relationship Intervention and is also a certified ACE educator. She has practiced as a social worker for 15 years doing clinical work for the LA Department of Health as well as school based social work including evaluations, training and behavior interventions. Her specialty areas include working with children and families who have experienced adversity as well as working with kids who have challenges in behavior and social skills.
Now Available On Demand
This seminar will include information regarding how trauma affects communities as well as how it is impacting the outcomes of our most at-risk populations. Trauma informed care will be discussed in essential areas of needed intervention including schools, hospitals, justice systems and policy change.
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved for 3.0 continuing education clock hours by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
3.0 Credit – Click here to review Accreditation
- Review trauma research including how trauma impacts brain development, behavior of individuals, and community outcomes.
- Discuss data regarding trauma’s effect in Louisiana.
- Define trauma informed care and review trauma informed practices in schools, hospitals, justice systems and within governmental policy change.
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.