Practice Guidelines for Telecounseling and Telemental Health
Recorded On: April 12, 2021
Create a TPN.health Account to Register for an Event
By creating a profile, you can seamlessly access your events and obtain CE certificates directly on our platform. Your profile is a vital part of verifying and tracking your attendance, and only takes minutes to get started.
Already have a TPN.health profile? Sign in below to finish registration!Learn more about TPN.health
About Dr. Matt Morris
I am a family therapist to some of New Orleans’ most distinguished families, but moreover, I’m a student of relationships. A witness. A careful and confident adviser. I help people find more satisfaction from their relationships. I help people decide what they want from their relationships, and then make the changes in ways that don’t hurt so bad. I’ve helped families reduce conflict, reignite intimacy & sex, cope with loss, navigate divorce, parent more effectively, overcome infidelity, deal with addiction, and manage the stress of life and business.
Now Available On Demand
About CE Credits
Content Level: Beginner
This program has been approved 3.0 continuing education clock hours in Telehealth by the Louisiana Counseling Association as authorized by the Louisiana Professional Counselor Licensing Board of Examiners.
TPN.health, #1766, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. TPN.health maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 03/31/2021 – 03/31/2022. Social workers completing this course receive 3 continuing education credits. ASWB ACE credit is not available in NY and NJ.
This workshop meets the requirements and has been approved for 3 hours for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists in Louisiana by the Louisiana Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- To provide mental health professionals with the practice guidelines for telecounseling and telemental health in the State of Louisiana.
- To provide mental health professionals who are regulated by LA State licensing boards with the requisite information to practice ethically and lawfully within the State of Louisiana.
- To provide mental health professionals who are regulated by the LA state licensing boards with the requisite training to render competent services to individuals seeking services through distance counseling.
- To inform mental health providers of the differences between face-to-face provision of services and that of telemental health.
- To provide mental health professionals with information regarding appropriate platforms available on the market for the provision of telemental health services.
How to Register
To register for the workshop, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Click the “Register” button to begin the registration process.
- You MUST have a TPN.health profile to attend this event. You will be directed to sign up or sign in to TPN.health before being able to complete your registration. Once you sign up or sign in you will be directed to the workshop registration page to complete your registration.
- You will be able to access the event by visiting the “My Events” page within your TPN.health profile. Please access the event link at this page at least 15 minutes prior to the event’s start time to be directed to the Zoom registration page.